Re: What Makes a Good Buddy?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on September 02, 2000 at 19:18:52:

In Reply to: What Makes a Good Buddy? posted by Ken Kurtis on September 02, 2000 at 00:53:32:

Ken, after having nightmares about the new PADI speciality program "solo diving" (certification in only 5 training dives, with our new home study video).
I see we started today on a more positive note. (What are we going to have a new issue everyday?)
What makes a good buddy team? I have had a number of good buddy's over the years and there friendship and comradery I will always teasure. It always gives you a good feeling to look over on your wing and see your buddy there.
In an ideal world a buddy team works as a team, they plan their dives, they looking at conditions, they figure air comsumption, dive profiles, and continuance plans. They know each others equipment configurations (how the straps and releases work, the placement of the buddy's oct. air supply). Good buddy teams are always watching each other. Good buddy teams understand each other limitations. Good buddy teams have no ego's because that type of foolishness gets team members hurt.
Of course,the main thing that buddy teams should do is to have fun, but it's serious fun.

Jim Hoffmann
NAUI 5888
PADI 6301

PS, Kelphead I think that the ideal buddy team is two. What JW was talking about was cave diving where three is the ideal number.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]