Re: Rec Trimix (Triox)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on October 10, 2000 at 14:33:11:

In Reply to: Re: Rec Trimix (Triox) posted by kelphead on October 09, 2000 at 17:17:01:

Hi Kelphead, I want to thank you for your concern about me experimenting with Trimix. But I feel safer diving with mix then I do air (because mix is a better physiologically to breath then air).
(By the way, I don't see how someone in the diving retail business can be knowledgeable about a product ( life support equipment) or a gas unless tried it and tested it).
I wanted to answer a few questions about my dives on mix and some of the other concerns. Most of the diving I did on mix was from 20 to 100 feet. What I found remarkable was the clarity of the dives passed 50 feet and the clarity that I had with a work load at 100 feet. You could think, remember, and had a lot more energy at the end of the dive.
Some concerns were cost, availablity, and training.
Cost: A single 80 with a 28/30 mix should cost about 16 to 20 dollars.(I think this is reasonable, look at what it cost for a good steak dinner)
Availablity: Almost any dive store with a Nitrox station could mix He (even if the employes went to school here in So. Cal.).
Training:Training is a real problem, because all the trimix training is still in the tech programs. But I think this may be changing soon, I will let you know.
It is obvious to me that trimix is the next step in the evolution, of sport divings, finding a better gas to breath.

Jim Hoffmann
Scuba Toys
Scuba-Toys.com

PS
Read more about Trimix @www.cisatlantic.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]