Re: 'an alert for those switching to a long primary hose...'

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 30, 2000 at 14:13:09:

In Reply to: Re: 'an alert for those switching to a long primary hose...' posted by Frank, AADIVER, Farmer on October 30, 2000 at 13:42:26:

Frank,

Let's agree for purposes of this thread to assume that elevated F02's are not an issue, I accept syour 02 levels in this regard..

The major concern which I don't see addressed in your procedure is that in any OE, and especially wrecks you have restricions that can not be swam through with diver's side by side. And as a follow up to your pony suggestion can you tell me how you mount the pony??? Is it back mounted to your tank or is it slung a la a deco bottle, or is there some other way you are mounting it??

The benefit to using a 7' hose on a primary reg and then necklacing a back up reg under your chin is that in the event of an OOA you donate your primary reg to the paniced OOA diver. You do this because the regulator that you are passing off you know is working because you have just been breathing it. The donor simply then places the B/U reg from under his chin into his mouth. You don't have to worry if the reg you have passed off has collected contaimanents or may not be working at that moment. The OOA diver needs to be assured to get a breathe ASAP whereas even a reasonably fit diver should be able to go 20 seconds or so without air should that be necessary..

Before I comment on your pony scenario could you explain how it's mounted??? And given that mounting could you explain how 2 diver's could get through a restriction if needed???

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]