Re: Mandatory use of nitrox in basic classes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 02, 2000 at 09:10:30:

In Reply to: Re: Mandatory use of nitrox in basic classes posted by Ken Kurtis on November 01, 2000 at 18:34:36:

Ken,

I think you are over reacting a bit.. FTR, we received this memo which was publicly posted and attributed to the very person you spoke with and from a very well respected industry leader.. If we can't trust NAUI to control what information is released under the guise of there leaders than perhaps they should reconsider the manner with which they release information.

It is perfectly understandable that we would view this information as credible when it come form the NAUI hierachy and purports to represent NAUI's position..

As to my standing as a PADI DM and my perceived lack of knowledge respecting the NAUI hierachy. I only asked the question because in the past I have personally heard you supply only enough facts to get the answer that you want. For example I specifically cite the fact that I was in your store when Billy told a customer that you don't pump Nitrox for fear of legal liability. In the ensuing discussion I asked what possible liability issues he could be concerned with and Billy's response was that you had talked to PADI's legal councel and they advised that there was exposure. I followed up by saying how in the hell is PADI's legal counsel advising that there is a liability issue given PADI's hard push towards Nitrox and Billy's response was that Ken had given a fact pattern that PADI agreed with. Accordingly, since PADI is teaching, promoting and supplying insurance regarding Nitrox it's obvious there is a self-serving set of facts that were provided and then the follow up became that PADI agrees that there is legal liability issues, despite all evidence to the contrary..

I take issue with the fact that you think I invented this *flight of fancy* but than I would suggest that you tell your beloved agency to get there act together and stop putting out mis information that other's may rely on.. I didn't make this up Ken, all I did was provide a copy of a publicily released summary of events that were attributed to Bruce and Jeb..

Now if you want to move on fine, but I didn't want anyone left with the impression that this was an invention created by me, because at best it speaks to an internal screw up at NAUI and could possibly be a mis communication between you and Jeb.

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]