Re: Women Divers...Give Him a Break. 1st Ammendment, remember?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JB22 on December 20, 2000 at 11:23:30:

In Reply to: Women Divers posted by BENTMAN on December 20, 2000 at 07:11:50:

OK, although I don't agree with you (that is I know MANY female divers, my wife included, who are very slender, and attractive), however, in your post, you asked for input from others, merely expressing your opinion and observations. It is a good thing that we live in America, because unlike many other countries, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK OUR MINDS. REMEMBER? FREEDOM OF SPEECH, so please do not 'SLAM' him, as he is practicing his constitutional right.
That said, I would also have to say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe the reason that you have not seen any attractive women are that you find women who are somewhat 'made-up' using cosmetics, and hair styles and such attractive (as you must admit, it does enhance the appearance quite a bit). So most likely, the same women that you would have found very attractive in a different setting (a party, club, whatever), are not as attractive to you (even above water), since they are most likely not wearing much make-up (if any), and no fancy hair-do either, as it will be completely 'messed-up' when they go under water.

When I was going to engineering school (CSUN), I made a similar observation about the 'engineering' female students, versus the 'psychology' female student. Day and night difference. My informal research indicated that the average female engineering student only spent about 10-20 minutes (shower included) for getting ready in the morning, while psychology females spent an average of 1.5-2 hours every morning.

Of course, after graduation, many of the 'not-so-attractive' engineering students spend a little more time/effort on their looks, and THEY LOOK GREAT!

Just my 2 cents worth, and WORTH EVERY PENNY you paid for it!

JB22

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]