Re: Sport Chalet...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on January 30, 2000 at 20:20:26:

In Reply to: Sport Chalet... posted by Jusfer on January 30, 2000 at 19:32:23:

Jusfer, I've been involved in the Cal. diving industry over two decades and has seen how it all began. Their was a time when the smaller dive store didn't have to worry about discounting anything until certain large sporting good stores came into existence.
Sure these large sporting goods stores could take it in the shorts in their dive departments and make it up in fishing/camping or wherever. Discounting simple dive gear brought people in to see it all. Not just diving gear.
Then we started seeing stores that advertised discount dive gear. It was'nt discounted. It was cheep crap shiped over from taiwan, china and korea. And shit distributers had boxed up in the back, unable to unload at a fair price. The new divers did'nt know any difference until the lens poped out of their mask or the fancy pink coloring on thier fins came of in the water.
And Jusfer, I understand liability. I see people get away with insult to divers intelegence all the time. I have had bad air. I have had oil in my tanks and regs. I have had water in my tanks and regs. I know what goes on with or without liability.
Just support the smaller dive stores and keep the whores from dominating retail scuba by undermining your best wishes, which should be doing it right. For such a life support dependant sport why would their be any other choice.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]