Ok now where was i?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on March 06, 2001 at 01:09:19:

In Reply to: one o' these days, when bug season's over+ posted by mike on March 06, 2001 at 00:32:13:

hey if you've lived back East where they have real thunderstorms, you reflexively unplug all electronic appliances when the donder und blitzen start..... OK back to my attempt to figure out how to compute NDLs on the fly: If i spend 15 min at 60 fsw, and then 20 min at 50 fsw followed by 30 min at 40 fsw, then perhaps i would have used 25% of my NDL time (15 min / 60 min NDL, USN limit??) followed by another 20% at 50fsw (20 min/100 min NDL, USN limit)..ok so now were up to 45%, there fore, my computer's pixels should be roughly halfway to the red. When i decide to call it a dive (because my game bag is now full of seven (7) five pound bugs : ), i will have had an additional 30 minutes at 40fsw and 30 min / 200 min NDL, USN equals another 18.7% of my N-time, so by the time i start up the anchor line, i should have used up 63.7% of my nitrogen time on the dive. My computer's pixels should be 2/3 of the way to the red (or perhaps 3/4 of the way to the yellow caution zone)

is that an approximation of how it's done?

that's what i sort of came up with back when the computer threads/flames first started up, and since there was so many discussions going on at the demo, i never heard much of the explanations on the computer issue from JJ.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]