Interesting insight. I thought DIR had a separate ID from WKPP...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by R Bear on March 07, 2001 at 16:05:08:

In Reply to: Re: It'll be interesting to see what George has to say... posted by MHK on March 07, 2001 at 15:17:29:

For instance, I painted oxygen mod 20 on my O2 tank because it is a good safe diving thing. But the ONLY reason I painted BEAR on my O2 tank is because I had the paint out already and I intend to join the team in the future. My point here is that painting your name is NOT DIR. It has nothing to do with the dive. IT IS WKPP because on a project dive there will be 40 O2 bottles there and IDing your own bottle is important. Similiarly, when you give DIR demos in CA you are not recruiting for the WKPP. All you are doing is trying to put divers in a good safe configuration. A good safe open water NDL configuration is very different from the WKPP standard configuration for diving the Brittanica. A good safe NDL configuration is ALL I was talking about. I wasn't even talking DIR necessarily. I also fail to see how my post could possibly be misinterpretted as the standard config for a team dive.
Do you agree that DIR is not exactly the same as WKPP?
Even if you disagree with that then you must agree that (making baby steps towards DIR) is different from (Properly configured for a WKPP dive).
I still don't tihnk my post is out of line.
DSAO
Ron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]