Re: DIR/Computer Use? Square No, air yes.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on March 07, 2001 at 19:38:40:

In Reply to: Re: DIR/Computer Use? posted by Kendall Raine on March 07, 2001 at 08:14:15:

Kendall, if this had been an square profile dive to 126' for 31 minutes and the computer was giving a no deco status then we would have those dive computer manufacturers by the short hairs. I downloaded to a PC the profiles from the Aladdin and it remembers the information that it was giving at any point during the dive. The descent took almost 3 minutes to 100' and at that point the computer said I had 16 minutes until deco. Then after slowly diving down to 126' at 11 minutes into the dive it said 3 minutes until deco. Ascending to 100' at 14 minute mark it still showed 3 minutes until deco. I assume that those doing manual calculation for decompression would write down depth and time and compute on the fly? The Matrix entered the yellow zone at 14 minutes into the dive at 100' and didn't return to the green zone until after a 5 minute stop. The Matrix seems more conservative than the Aladdin but doesn't give as much info. My second dive was to 61' max and the third was to 101', reverse profile no less. I discussed this with a few people on the boat about reverse profiles and it was said that the thinking about this has changed and it is now okay to dive that way. Neither of the computers freaked out or anything. How would you compute that on the fly? Like I said that is why I bought a computer so I wouldn't have to bother with the tables.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]