Re: reserve buoyancy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 12, 2001 at 10:54:53:

In Reply to: reserve buoyancy posted by Gerry Smith on March 11, 2001 at 19:24:01:

Gerry,

Assuming all numbers are accurate ( and I haven't verified them and will accept them at face value), you would pbvioulsy agree that an *older and more worn* wetsuit no longer has those same bouyancy characterisitics???, Moreoever, several other assumptions, you are nuetrally bouyant, is everyone else???

Also different steel tank[s] have different bouynacy charachteristics 9ie; galvanized, PST, chromoly).

You cite you offset the ditchable weight to coincide with the negaitive bouyancy charahcteristics, does anyone else even think of that????

Ken Kurtis toucjed on a point in a different thread about the dangers of theoretical discussions, and I've countered with my concerns and my sense this is a great post to highlight the point.. Even if we accept everything as true (and I'm not disputing it) there are still many variables and someone walking away form this thread my believe in a blanket statement that it is wise to dice wet with steels...

Why complicate matters, why deal unknowns???

What do you gain???

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]