wow! thanks for the invite!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RaiderKarl on March 15, 2001 at 16:54:34:

In Reply to: Re: sounds like a good group to me posted by MHK on March 15, 2001 at 11:16:45:

I am flattered!

I would love to dive a deep dive with you guys! Deep for me would be 200' max. You may be able to go deeper, to 300', but I cant. I am still an air diver, and so 200' is the limit for me.

I am also a wetsuit diver, with a non-wings B/C. I realize on deep dives a wetsuit is a liability, and a B/C without wings is also a liability. In that case, I would be dependent on my buddies in the case of a B/C failure. I guess that makes me a stroke.

The deepest that a wetsuit diver with a non-wings B/C should dive is 190' for max 5 mins. That way, if I had to dump my weights and kick up, as long as I dumped the weights in increments, and did not rocket to the surface, I might survive an EBA. Maybe it is wiser to limit my deep dives to 165' or less even.

As you can see, your D.I.R. contributions have given me much food for thought, and maybe I am a better diver having read your posts? Or maybe I am just a more self-aware stroke??

I just really hate dry suits. And until I found this site and read your posts and did some research into tek diving, I didnt even know what a wings B/C is.

See you around!

/s/ RaiderKarl

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]