Re: how I understand it

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on April 09, 2001 at 15:27:05:

In Reply to: Re: how I understand it posted by Steve on April 09, 2001 at 15:19:17:

Steve,

It definitely was AIR II's not octo's.. AIR II is one particular piece of branded equipment whereas an *octo* has many many different conotations...

Anyway, this is what I want to discuss

This setup the OOA diver can decide which air source is the more appropriate to go for given the situation.

Confusion in a paniced situtaion is the LAST thing that you should want.. An OOA diver doesn't need to decide anything, he needs to breathe.... Give him a known working regulator and switch to a back up that is directly under your chin..

It's plain, it's simple, it's effective, it works, in silt outs or low viz scenario's you don't want complications, failure points or any of the other personal preference crap, you want air and you want to get the hell to the surface..

You also don't want one scenario for an *emergency* OOA and then yet a different scenario for the *unplanned non emergency* OOA such as extending BT's and/or deco... That one made no sense to me...

Why are you trying to complicate and clutter a very basic and simple thing?????

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]