Re: how I understand it

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on April 09, 2001 at 15:19:17:

In Reply to: Re: how I understand it posted by MHK on April 09, 2001 at 14:36:18:

"Why add a failure point when you don't need to???? Troy Bagwell posted something a while ago that quoted one of the magazines *tests* that showed that AIR II's fail "

I believe he was referring to the Octo+ not the AirII.

"It's simple, when exiting an OE you don't have the luxury of exiting side by side. Any restriction that needs to be negotiated requires the OOA diver to lead, and do so by having a long hose in his mouth, are you telling me that in your scenario you have ample planning to solve for the OOA diver to lead and then you to follow while all the while breathing from the restricted AIR II?????"

I must be miscommunicating. My plan in essence has two primary reg's that both work and either can be donated to an OOA. Both can be necklaced or not. Obviously it will be better to give the 7-9' hose to the leading OOA diver in a confined space.

"Than the plan was a clusterf*ck.."

I don't expect you to drop a hose configuration that you are currently using and I know that you will defend the DIR hose setup. Just as anyone who is using a different setup now will be careful to experiment and change, after all why should they, maybe it has worked for them for many years. The hose configuration that I just suggested is that, a suggestion. I'm open to other divers suggestions. I'm using this setup now and I like it. This setup the OOA diver can decide which air source is the more appropriate to go for given the situation.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]