Hunting and Wrecking

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on April 10, 2001 at 10:44:25:

In Reply to: Re: Iīm so sorry posted by John Walker on April 10, 2001 at 10:19:47:

Dear John:

There is nothing wrong with shooting a fish, or taking a clam, or taking an urchin. Or a few fish or clams or urchins.

I eat them. NOTHING gets wasted. Its far more ecological and healthier than ordering the same in your local restaurant.

There is nothing wrong with going out to a remote breakwater, climbing down in between the huge boulders at extreme low tide, digging with a shovel under the dirt and finding a small piece of metal.

This is long ago discraded trash that is rotting away underground and underwater. She was an old ship, nothing of historical or archaeoloical importance, which is why she was destoyed and buried.

How do I harm you, or any other diver by shooting a fish, grabbing a lobster, clam or urchin, or polishing up a little piece of metal I find and displaying it at schools or the SCUBA SHOW or a local dive shop in an effort to promote our rich local maritime history ?

If you look at 99% of my posts, I DO NOT LIKE to argue, so why don't we both agree to disagree on hunting, or artifact recovery, and save the bandwidth.

After all, we are in an energy crisis, and we both don't need the stress.

As always - Safe diving.

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]