Re: It's Time To Be Responsible

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on April 11, 2001 at 09:45:43:

In Reply to: It's Time To Be Responsible posted by Jim Hoffmann on April 11, 2001 at 08:53:41:

Jim,

What your doing takes big brass ones but obviously something needs to be done. There are suppose to be 24 different species of Rock Fish in our water. Where are they?

Someone wrote an article in California Diving News about hunting using a rebreather whether it was ethical or not. He enjoys hunting and does so ethically to feed his family. I don't want to be called a hypocrite I eat animals, both land and sea at Mickydees and the sushi bar. I'm wondering if I'm not supporting an industry that kills many innocent aniamls so I can have my Tuna or Yellowtail sashimi. My question is if he did use a rebreather(he doesn't like freediving) would his options for different types of fish that are more abundent increase? Instead he starts blowing bubbles and the game fish split what is left with is the fish relying on camouflage for protection, and these types as you point out are almost gone. Something needs to be done and Jim is leading the way.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]