absolutely

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on April 26, 2001 at 08:36:50:

In Reply to: ooooh grouchy, grouchy! diving/climbing got cancelled did it? posted by mike on April 25, 2001 at 22:00:23:

Yeah well, instead of hanging high this weekend I have to stay on the ground and replace the fenceposts on my failing fence. So while my good friends are all enjoying scenic Yosemite, I'm gonna be digging holes and filling them with concrete. I think this rates quite high on the suck scale.

As for the different sets of "reserves", the MLPA has mandated several areas as well. One is no take, one recreational only, one with limited commercial take. Personally, I'd like to see quite a bit of the first, less of the second, and none of the last. Yes I hunt, and yes I support large areas where no-one (myself included) hunt. I've decided not to shoot any more rockfish, period. It got to the point where we were so stoked to get a good one, because there just weren't any good ones left. So I'm imposing a restriction on *myself only* to not take any additional sedentary species. Of course, pelagics and halibut are another story (as are abs, but they're *way* to tasty to give up, and I take very few).

Speaking of which, even though this isn't the climbing list, if anyone wants a good guide to go to Yos, let me know. I live about 1 1/2 hours from the valley floor, depending on traffic.

JRM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]