Re: Quick Disconnect For Regulators?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on April 27, 2001 at 08:22:28:

In Reply to: Re: Quick Disconnect For Regulators? posted by MuckDiver on April 27, 2001 at 07:35:41:

"if you dive with doubles like I do with an isolation valve you can shut off the air to that reg and still have the other reg with it's own tank"

I never had a freeflow at depth only at the surface but some say it can and does happen. Shutting off the manifold is the plan when you dive doubles but I want to standardize my gear and most of my diving will be single tank diving. I just purchased a new Scubapro airII and it has a quick disconnect that appears to be a standard air type quick disconnect that is real easy to use. I think I want to convert my primary to this same type of disconnect because I won't have a manifold to turn off. Some of the second stages are small enough to carry an extra in my zeagle pouch. I could make the exchange underwater and resolve the freeflow problem when I'm safely back at the surface.

"Do you dive with doubles or solo? As long as you have a buddy you won't need the disconnect"

I don't follow your logic here, just because I have a buddy it's alright to let my air freeflow until it's gone?(single tank)

"Zeagle has them for their regulators"

Thanks for the tip, I'll check their web site. Their regulators probably have the same threads as most of the others.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]