Re: is it possible yor really that stupid-continued

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on May 04, 2001 at 22:11:35:

In Reply to: Re: is it possible yor really that stupid-continued posted by John Walker on May 04, 2001 at 18:23:15:

"You gave us a good example when you said that your computor alarms you on ascent rate, O2 levels and air remaining. These are things a diver should plan for and pay attention to all the time. Waiting for the computor alarm to go off seems complacent to me, and I'm not trying to piss you off, just trying to help."

John, where did I give you the impression that I'm complacent and waited for the computer to alarm me of problems. Really John, I was merely stating the functions that the computer is capable of.

"I was trained as a DAN feild research coordinator, and I don't know which scientist you are refering to that you send your downloaded info to. Could you share some details because I am sincerly intersted."

So you must be aware of PDE (project dive exploration) http://www.diversalertnetwork.org. The goal is to document dive profiles to help determine what diving characteristics affect the risk of injury while scuba diving. The data collected-including dive styles, decompression practices, dive outcomes and individual characteristics such as age, sex, weight and medical history-are resources for dive safety research.

"If a computor would keep me from getting bent then I would use one all the time. Hell, I've been bent following a computor directions more than once."

John, you stated that you have been bent more than once using a computer. How about sharing those details on where and why, chamber treatment, etc. so we can learn? Which computer mislead you?

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]