Re: is it possible yor really that stupid-continued

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on May 05, 2001 at 15:05:30:

In Reply to: Re: is it possible yor really that stupid-continued posted by John Walker on May 04, 2001 at 23:36:53:

John,

You know what is more disappointing about this list, more so than other lists, is that people can't wait for you or I to screw up..

Perfect example being my experiments with heliox as a decompression tool:

On the one hand if we improve upon the current information such as the lipid solubility, the greater gradients and the isobaric counter diffusion theories, our efforts will get discarded by some on this list, because we can't cite a PADI study or some other such nonsense. But by the same token it's a real probability that at some point in the course of pushing the envelope a *hit* will occur, at that time you'll have Hekyle and Jeklye on this list saying we don't know what we are doing because we got bent..

If, or when, it does happen I'll post every syllable about it, how far I pushed the envelope and to what progress was made at getting to that point. The whole point, especially in this LOCAL list is that we should help each other.. But too many *old timers* just want to halt progress, denounce advances and stay stuck in time...

We have people if limited vision that get on here daily and are willing to stand by idly. Whereas we keep pushing the benefits of certain things ( ie; Nitrox), sooner or later the boats and shops will wake up because the diving community demands it, I'm confident when that happens you'll get a quick about face and then a denial of their previous stupidity...

Recreational diving has come a long way in the last 10 years and the advances will only be built upon in the next 10 years and those that are still clinging to the misguided belief that Nitrox or trimix is the devil's gas will only further be playing catch up as time marches forward...

I laugh my ass off at PADI, for their misguided attempts at playing catch up in the tech realm. They have used the opening act in this area ( ie; deep air) ti highlight their ignorance.. Up until a fews years ago PADI was telling you Nitrox was snake oil, now they promote it to the masses.. Up until 2 years ago going deeper than 130' on air was suicidal, now they believe by teaching how to do it on the wrong deco gas, that they should be allowed into the game... First off, they can't change a ridiculously lazy mindset, nor do they have the requisite understanding of the game.

The marketing department and the legal affairs department can't put together a technical class.. At some point they have to have someone that knows what the hell they are doing and at this point, maybe they are better off with the lawyers running the show because with what they are teaching there is certain to be lawsuits...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]