I know nothing about this topic

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on May 14, 2001 at 17:01:53:

In Reply to: Just a thought on Red Blood Cell rigidity posted by John Walker on May 12, 2001 at 10:52:21:

But I did a brief web search, and here's what I found...

http://www.neurocare.com/cs4-4.html
Factors which contribute to red blood cell rigidity are: oxygen pressure, crenation, Ph level, abnormalities of the cell membrane, or the presence of parasites within the cell membrane. Of these various factors involving
hyperviscosity and cell rigidity, increased vascular activity through muscle stimulation would have the following effects: (1) Tissue oxygen pressure would be raised due to the oxygen loading of red blood cells, and (2)
Because of effective oxygenation, hypoxic reduction in red blood cells would not occur.

That's about the only decent thing I found in english in five minutes. It talks mostly about Oxygen pressure, not nitrogen. There were a ton more entries that I didn't feel like wading through, but I'm sure someone with a bit more time could dig something out. Of course, that does entail using the Internet as a valid source, but that's another arguement entirely.

Like I said, I know absolutely nothing about this topic, although now I know a bit more about it than when I started. My point being, why not take a bit more proactive role, and do a bit of investigating yourselves, instead of taking anything delivered on the board as gospel, or heresy. A little due diligence goes a long way.

Personally, I'm going to give the DIR folks the benefit of the doubt on this one. I too would like to see some hard data, but I don't think JJ, MHK, GI, or JW just pulled this out of their (deleted)es. If they did they're way more creative than anyone is giving them credit for.

JRM

-- Plagiurism is copying from one source; Research is copying from many!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]