Re: Thanks Bill....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 26, 2001 at 10:49:03:

In Reply to: Thanks Bill.... posted by seahunt on June 26, 2001 at 05:52:57:

Seahunt,

In another thread you cautioned someone to discuss what they KNOW, not what they BELIEVE.. It has been well established that you are WAY out of your league talking about RBCR issues..

Bill P on the other hand has distinguished himself as a rather informative and knowledgeable person on the subject matter. He has presented great detail and clearly he has done his homework.. He and I exchanged many e-mails on the matter which resulted in me issuing a retraction of my comments and an apology to Bill..

However you missed the rather salient point.. My comments were suggestive of the fact that there was *long term effects associated with prolonged exposure to increased levels of FN2*.. As George Irvine pointed out, I f*cked it up, the damage isn't LONG term, it's believed to be more immediate.. You took my mea culpa and simply ignored the fact that the issue is still a matter that is to be concerned with and all you wanted to point out was that I was wrong..

Sadly, instead of it acumulating over a period of time, it's believed to be more immediate.. Obviously that is more of a concern, but you missed that whole point..

I thank Bill P for his continuing efforts on the matter and also John Walker and Kendall Raine because we have spent a great deal of time doing added homweork as a result..

As I noted in earlier correspondence with Bill P, we do have autopsy reports [which, for obvious reasons, are not available for inspection] that bear out the findings in the study that Walker cited..

Is the matter a settled principle as far as the scientific community goes??? My sense is that it is not, and the debate will continue.. Instead of recognizing that we are doing and researching things that you can't even contemplate that may result in safer diving practices and increased information available to the general diving public, you accuse us of scare tactics...

I'm trying to keep things civil with you but you really need to stop the incescent DIR bashing unless you are going to offer more than * you believe it doesn't apply to our diving environment*..

We are doing it, demonstrating it week in and week out...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]