personally i dont care about Florida either

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on July 13, 2001 at 08:11:02:

In Reply to: Re: Witnesses Recount Florida Shark "Attack" posted by Tailspin on July 13, 2001 at 05:31:16:

this is a classic case of journalistic sensationalism.

the Ocean is not Disneyland. everything in the Ocean with teeth is not the consummate embodiment of evil.

i do feel sorry for the poor kid. too bad he was born in Florida. too bad his parents were not more careful. too bad the fish was hungry and near a populated beach. too bad the municipality could not afford to hang beach nets like they do in Australia.

if we killed off all the sharks in the world then there would be a lot of rotting whale carcasses floating around everywhere. sharks are the scavengers of the sea that act like garbage collectors for human neighborhoods or like ants and flies for forests and fields. they clean things up.

thanks for the internet reference DEMO, but since all this happened in Florida it has absolutely no relevance for Northern or Southern California.

how would you feel right now if I ad hominem-ed you like you do others? do you know what that word means? try looking it up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]