Re: Witnesses Recount Florida Shark "Attack"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tailspin on July 13, 2001 at 05:31:16:

In Reply to: Witnesses Recount Florida Shark "Attack" posted by Demo on July 12, 2001 at 21:34:07:

I'm sorry. I try to sit back and let people spew this pablum without saying anything, but what kind of an idiot equates the life of a fish with that of a human child? I understand what is sad for the boy, but what is sad for the d*mn shark?

Sometimes, sharks bite (and sometimes kill) people. I don't care what is on the shark's mind when he does it. I don't care if he thinks the person is a seal or whatever. The result is the same.

I think scorpions and black widows are interesting creatures, and I enjoy looking at them in a jar. But when I come across them in their natural habitat (my garage in the case of a recent black widow sighting) I kill them without remorse.

Lions are noble beasts, but they will eat people if they are hungry or provoked.
A human life trumps an animal life in EVERY instance. NO EXCEPTIONS. If a human being is truly starving in the forest and a spotted owl is hooting nearby...he becomes supper. No argument.

You idiots that want to put the value of your own lives on a par with any animal...go ahead..do so with your own lives.

But shut up about the little boy. His life was worth more than that of every shark in the ocean.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]