Re: MHK, my response to your nonsense question re: drysuit/buoyancy

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHk on July 26, 2001 at 15:59:11:

In Reply to: Re: MHK, my response to your nonsense question re: drysuit/buoyancy posted by Eins on July 26, 2001 at 15:45:26:

It's VERY simple... Adding one or two squirt to your drysuit as you descend is ALL you need. Then you run the rest of your dive, as if you were running any other dive known to mankind. You are over complicating the issue..

I'll give you a perfect example. I use a 6 CuFt. inflation bottle. 6 CuFt. No more.. I've done muliple dives on the Andrea Doria, I do 5 dives a day here in SoCal with nothing more than that and I don't fill in between dives.. If you are using more than that you are over inflating your drysuit and are adding unecessary complications to your dive. You are potentially throwing off your trim, you are making it more difficult to turn around, upside down, inverted or what have you.. You need just enough gas in your suit to be able to respond to an emergency sitiation, ie; valve shut downs, OOA and the like.. Anything more than that you have added a risk that doesn't need to be in the equation..

Why overcomplicate it???

In the simplest of terms, it is easier to dump a BC than a drysuit so why use the drysuit?? Furthermore, you can dump a BC from any position, are you telling me that if you get inverted that it's safer and more efficent to dump from your shoulder than you BC when you are upside down???

Think the problem through and don't argue as much.. Also, try it before you argue against it..
If you think it doesn't work then join us for a dive and we'll show you how..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]