Question

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on August 16, 2001 at 11:20:01:

In Reply to: Scuba review skills posted by brianc on August 16, 2001 at 10:52:57:

I'm kind of curious as to the reasoning behind #2 above, "2. Referred entry-level student divers must complete only those skills they have already learned. You should determine which confined water dive(s) participants completed and have them demonstrate only those skills. You may also have divers practice Buddy Breathing (as listed on the PADI Skill Evaluation Cue Card) if they know how to perform the skill. Remediate participant skills as necessary."

Although, now that I think more about it, I guess that's exactly what a "refresher" course is. Go over what you were taught. But then, if a person remembered all the skills they were taught in the first place, why the refresher?

Not quite related, but an interesting tidbit I learned while helping my dad get certed (disabled), is that if you use a weight integrated BCD during the pool portions, you don't have to do the weightbelt doff & don, just demonstrate that you can ditch the weights.

BTW, for the person asking about the HSA, diving for the handicapped earlier, Art, who DM's the GE on occasion, is an instructor for them. My wife and I were considering going through the training to become HSA buddies (she's a special ed teacher, and prior worked extensively in OI). Send me an email, and I'll try and find his contact info...

JRM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]