Oh come on now. Let's get real here

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 06, 2001 at 12:08:25:

In Reply to: rented gear is rarely safe deeper than 35 fsw posted by Karl S. on September 06, 2001 at 10:10:16:

These kind of blanket statements that rental regs are somehow unsafe is even worse than the DIR Banter that any deviation is totally unsafe.

Regualtors nearly always work. Period. When I have seen folks who claim their reg does not work, they are in a panic and the reg was working just fine. I am not saying that catastrophic failures never occur, just that it is extremely rare.

And lets talk about rental versus owned. Frankly I will rent a reg before I take one out of the garage that has not been used in a couple of years. Infrequent divers let their gear sit around. They do not get it serviced because it does nothave many dives on it. These are the dangerous ones. Rentals with regular use and periodic service are not dangerous.

Karl, you need to stop making these off the wall comments that are designed to scare new and infrequent divers. The only comments we should be doing are ones that encourage divers to hire divemaster to act as tour guides. ;-)

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]