Re: Cert. Cards

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chrisk on November 19, 2001 at 10:45:17:

In Reply to: Re: Cert. Cards posted by Tim Baskin on November 19, 2001 at 10:27:32:

Tim,

How do you know the dive record of particular diver on any boat? I know of no boat that I have ever been on where the DM or captain has questioned my experience. Prior to my first night dive, I actually had to bring up that fact to the DM. He gave my partner and I(also her first night dive) a quick briefing and sent us out. I'm now an instructor with several agencies and still see very little beyond the briefings where it is announced that this is either an intermediate or advanced dive. This places the responsibility squarely on the shoulder of the individual diver in that case. My point is that even if the captains and DMs are concerned, they are doing very little about it. I understand the business standpoint all too well but find the hypothetical confrontation that we're talking about to be something I've never seen. In fact, the only time this is brought up on boats is when other divers report concerns to the DM.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]