Re: Waivers/duress

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 19, 2001 at 14:42:20:

In Reply to: Re: Waivers/duress posted by ken Kurtis on November 19, 2001 at 13:34:26:

Ken,

I find it utterly laughable that you are even thinking about talking about mythical legal theories.. Are you kidding me, you are the king of mythical legal theories???

Furthermore, wasn't your position not too long ago that the NAUI and PADI waivers weren't valid becuase they were in 8 point type and your understanding of California law was that they needed to be in 10 point type?? Wasn't that the very reason that you specifically told me why you drafted your own * Statement of Understanding* in lieu of the industry standard waiver.. While I know you aren't a lawyer, and you claimed you had a lawyer friend of yours review the waiver that you drafted, it just strikes me as strange that your shop went from not requiring waivers to begin with [ ie; relying on the boats waivers] to the shop that you drafted the * Statement of Understanding*, to now you getting on here and advancing the PADI and/or NAUI waivers..

Will you ever be consistent????

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]