Re: I think you need to search the archives a bit more

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 29, 2001 at 18:18:59:

In Reply to: I think you need to search the archives a bit more posted by Wayne on November 28, 2001 at 23:43:59:

Wayne,

I'm in NY and am borrowing someone else's computer so I have to be brief, and I won't be able to follow up until Monday..

But the pendulum swings both ways, there are many DIR divers that could also contribute valuable diving knowledge to this list but also refrain from posting because more often then not what you get is verbal gymnastics as a way to avoid discussing the issues on the merits.. I ALWAYS back up what I say, but a few select few only want to fight, and yes I agree that I give it to them. But it is TOTALLY disengenuos to suggest that Chris, Ken et. al posts things that they later regret and then apologize later.. As if that means anything.. Chris, all too often gets his posts on record, but delete's mine and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of you [ and Chris and Seahunt] blaming me for all the problems on this list. Chris should worry much more about the content of this list, then the personalities.. Very little real information gets exchanged on this list, other then trip reports, unless me, or Walker or Kendall et. al bring it up.. I will always give my research, but all too often in response what I get is invented legal theories that have no basis in fact, or Chris' version of McCarthyism.. I have NO problem discussing opposing viewpoints absent the flames, as you and I have done on many occasions, but I'm sick of enduring the Chris, Seahunt attack mode, and then the only thing anyone wants to advance is that I've been involved in yet another flame war..

Chris has proven time and again that it is his ball and he'll ban me when he doesn't agreee with me, but each time he does it he looks dumber and dumber and the other list gains in statute because it is truely a free and open list..

I've said it often, if you don't like what I say, or how I say it, then don't open my posts.. I treat people the way they treat me, and if a poster comes out swinging then I swing back, and I reject your double standard that I need to be better then them.. I'm from the streets, you swing at me and I'll swing back. You have mistakenly represented my position in that I'm trying to convert the world, when the real fact of the matter is that the type of diving that I do can only be done safely if the diver has the right mindset and several prominent posters to this list could NEVER dive with me or pull off the dives we do regularly.. I just simply point out that when someone makes a point out of saying * Hi, I'm a dive shop owner, and I've been teaching for 20 years...* that those who don't know better understand that some of the stuff they advance is BS and should be challenged when they go out of their way to highlight the credentials.. You don't see me listing my resume everytime I post do you??? I trust the reader to judge for themselves who to believe and I have a wide body of research to back up everything I post, more often then not the opposition has nothing to back up the BS so they start a fight and then say * See there goes MHK/ the DIR boys again** It's an old trick that gets played out on all the various scuba forums and I'm too stubborn to let Chris et. al. get away with it so he resorts to banning me.. I'll challenge him to do it again if he doesn't like what I have to say..

If you really want to hear the message first hand, absent the BBS BS, then take the free class because we don't mention this BBS, we don't trash other agencies we just show you why our way is safer and more efficient and then trust you to draw your own conclusions.. I know of no other agency that is as confident of it's protocols that it would offer free classes around teh country as we do...

Just my thoughts..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]