Re: entry procedures

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by George Austin on December 03, 2001 at 13:59:21:

In Reply to: Re: entry procedures posted by Jason on December 03, 2001 at 13:25:37:

**What's going on at the surface doesn't matter,** YIKES! Tell that to dive accident victims-90 percent of whom had their accidents on where?....The surface.**At the beginning of a dive with a full tank, the properly weighted diver may not be positive.**If he's not positive then he's improperly weighted and will likely soon join the ranks of that 90% we just talked about. Remember, we're talking about 1/4 inch rubber all the way around. **Laguna is a trickier place - with lots of diving in the shallow depths, you might need a tad more weight than elsewhere.**Only if you're adding a buoyant factor. Or diving above 15fsw which isn't done ordinarily because of surginess at those kinds of depths. I can dive to 30fsw in my full 1/4 in hooded XCEL, 3 mil vest, HP Steel 80(+ 6#) boots, gloves, the works --remove my weight pouches drop them on the bottom and continue the dive. Somewhat buoyant but able to continue provided I exhale completely and don't get any shallower. What we're talking about here is only 12 pounds of lead anyway. Its all about breathing and being trained before BC's even existed, so we did anything we could to learn how to dive with the least amount of lead and gadgets.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]