top 10 ways to get killt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl S. on December 07, 2001 at 08:46:55:

In Reply to: Those who live by the list... posted by seahunt on December 06, 2001 at 21:43:17:

someone here posted this on this board here of WebmasterChris' awhile back, so here is a reminder (per hour of activity) for everybody:

1)jumping out of perfectly good airplanes
2)privately piloting the airplane
3)riding on a donorcycle in traffic
4)SCUBA DIVING (no distinction between solo or buddy)
5)swimming (in spite of all the efforts of the YMCA and the Red Cross au contraire)
6)snowmobiles
7)automobiles
8)water skis
9)bicycles
10)domestic airlines

the last solo diving death that I know of was of a divemaster several years ago working with an OW1 class in SoCal. all the other scuba deaths in Cali have been a failure of the buddy system. [Ken Kurtis korrekt me if Im wrong.]

one guy last spring died solo freediving on opening day of ab season. but that was freediving, and that counts as swimming not scuba.

if you really wanted to curtail the scuba death rate in SoCal then you should outlaw tourists from out of state, including Europe, from renting scuba gear.

boys and girls, the word for today is CAUSATION.

cauˇsaˇtion [kaw záysh'n ] noun

1. cause or act of causing: the fact that something causes an effect, or the action of causing an effect

2. cause-and-effect relationship: the relationship between a cause and its effect. Also called causality

if you wanted to live your life totally safe, it would be pretty boring, per the above list.

conspicuously absent from the list is rock climbing. or even unprotected sex with ladies of the night aka working girls. some things I guess are just inherently not as dangerous as scuba diving is.

go Navy beat Army (next year).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]