Re: your proposition is ludicrous

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe R on May 02, 2002 at 06:11:49:

In Reply to: your proposition is ludicrous posted by Chris on May 01, 2002 at 15:19:40:

If you are doing a comparison thats being presented as a guide to select a training agency all efforts to be accurate should be undertaken. I have nothing against divernet, but their comparison looks like an ad (and by the authors own words he showing hes proud to be YMCA) so it should be as accurate as possible.. If their initial comparison was wrong so be it, but it should be updated when new information is available.. If they aren't willing to do updates, either remove the comparison once its out of date or within the text someone state that the standards for each agency are an ongoing process and supply links to the agencies within the document so people can check on thier own..
People who are new to the sport do not know that standards change, in fact many divers do not know this. Their site does neither.. I don't remember the specific skills and requirements that were wrong, up until a few days ago I havent checked out their document since around the time it was posted.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]