I dont have a choice right now ... but thanks ...

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl on May 28, 2002 at 14:28:00:

In Reply to: Re: Low Ox is out the Window posted by Kendall Raine on May 28, 2002 at 13:52:45:

Some TDI instructors vary their gasses and deco tables, but mine does not. We will start with 18/30 & use TDI tables for 18/30. We will use EAN36 & 80 for deco.

In the future, after advanced trimix certification is over, I dont know what gasses I will personally decide to use. I like to go onto Nitrox as soon as possible, and that favors a mix that is breathable around 100 fsw, although 70 fsw is fine too, probably better. So I agree with the concept of using EAN50 and PureO2 instead.

No argument there.

But I believe that it depends on the total dive plan rather than being a hard and fast rule. But I could be wrong about that as well.

I plan to take the gas mixing class too, so that I can mix my own gasses. And I will wean off of the TDI tables and onto DecoPlanner or Abyss as soon as I have a new laptop P/C to download one of them onto. I have been window shopping.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]