Not advised. But you have a couple of options....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ed on September 27, 2002 at 09:54:21:

In Reply to: Diving the Breakwall?? posted by Freediver on September 27, 2002 at 07:29:23:

The actual breakwall is best dove by a boat. Even on a boat, I can not keep track of the yahoo's that GUN THE THROTTLE once they clear the jetties.... I have pulled out kayakers, and others that went overboard just because of the wake some yahoos create. Also many use the area behind the breakwall to see how fast their new 30 footer can go.... I was almost capsized in my boat once.... and in more than one occasion, have contacted the harbor patrol/coast guard regarding someone wizzing by at 30 Knts, and entering the harbor that way!

In any case, I would STRONGLY recommend against swimming to the breakwall. That said, you have another option. If the water is calm, you can enter the water on either side of the jetty (not the breakwall) outside the harbor. Although I have never seen/caught lobsters, I have seen some MONSTER sheep crabs (AKA spider crabs). At first, I thought I had trouble with my eyes focusing on the thing.... Then, I realized that the crab is covered with the 'fuzzy' stuff all over it! And the fuzz is alive and moves!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]