None of the DEMA cams are starter cams.......

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ChrisM on October 28, 2002 at 13:03:27:

In Reply to: Digital Cameras posted by MrLuvz2SCUBA on October 28, 2002 at 11:43:24:

unless you've got $10K to start with.

Everyone's budget ideas are different. But I'd say to get something decent you need to look at $500 at least.

IMO, to get the best bang for your buck, the Olympus C-X0X0 series in a PT-010 housing are hard to beat. No external strobe is "necessary" since the internal Olympus strobe is adequate. Oly macro optics are also very good, so no external lenses are needed to get very good quality shots

All of my shots at www.underwaterplanet.com were taken with an Oly 4040 in a PT-010, and most were taken with no external strobe or lenses. Although I now have two strobes, a macro and a wide angle lens.... be forewarned, it is a never ending supply of things to buy

I have a 4040. I can print nice 8x10s, and I know my work has been printed as big as 16 x 20 with no special treatment. I would not buy a camera with less than 3 megapixels these days, if you want to print anything. The prices are so cheap, there's really no justification for not getting as many MP as you can.

Lots of info available at:
digitaldiver.net
digideep.com
wetpixel.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]