Re: Hunters

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on November 03, 2002 at 07:55:03:

In Reply to: Hunters posted by seahunt on November 02, 2002 at 23:07:06:

You are back to the finger pointing and blame game. It's them not me, it's them as why the reefs aren't healthy. You say in one sentence say how the remote reefs are lush and this is the what you want for local reefs but aren't willing to make a sacrafice. Well I don't believe we can have our cake and eat it too. We obviously disagree about the degree of negative effect diving operations have on the reef and there isn't much room for debate. The helicopter gyro I thought was your description on how you move from bug hole to bug hole. Grab a rock or kelp holdfast and pull and perpel yourself or twist and turn by using whatever you can to grab onto.

"Let me make it clear based on an expert opinion and detailed long term observation. Anchoring and anchor chains do not do significant damage to the reefs."

Right, and the tobacco industry has "experts" to claim smokong isn't bad for you too. Some experts are paid for their opinions.

If you want to beautify the reefs and them return to a state of health diving needs to make some real changes. Segregation of the diver from areas you want preserved or repaired would help a lot. We do need our pig pen to slob up though and should have our playground areas set aside.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]