Re: "The rig dive had a requirement of an advance C Card"

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on January 14, 2003 at 21:32:25:

In Reply to: Re: "The rig dive had a requirement of an advance C Card" posted by AADIVER on January 14, 2003 at 20:49:55:

When I have "seen" such a rule, it was made by the boat or chartering organization. Like the no 'trox rule on a RS charter. It is a clearly stated rule that allows a diver to decide if they want to buy a spot on the boat.

Or like in Florida where they assign you a buddy or you cannot go on their boat. Again the option is to not buy passage.

Where it gets tough if when there is no "rule" to point at. How would you handle it if you were DM on a charter and an obviously unqualified, ill equipped (in every way) diver said he wanted to do a dive you knew would pose a stong likelihood of a serious accident? That is the tough call. I am glad I have never had to make such a call. I have a great deal of respect for "working" DMs who are seasoned with experience -- like Robert M. If only the newbies and rusties had the good sense to consult their DM and get advice before the dives!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]