contact the BBB

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on February 18, 2003 at 11:43:51:

In Reply to: scuba store posted by rp on February 17, 2003 at 01:54:56:


File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Also, you can try contacting the Chamber of Commerce for the city that the dive shop is in, they may be able to arbitrate the disagreement for you.

Did the shop have you sign any kind of agreement or any kind of paperwork stating that there would be a loss of your deposit if you decided to not take the class? The shop that I work for charges $100 for "rescheduling" a class that you've already started, $150 for a class that hasn't started yet sounds much a bit high to me.

What would these guys have done if you did not pass the DM medical exam? Would they have kept all your money and said "tough luck?"

Most shops I know of would be willing to refund your money, knowing that you had to leave the state for employment reasons.

And finally, what benefits does the job you are moving to have? Some employers will compensate you for expenses and deposits lost in relation to your entering into their employment. If they are compensating you for relocation expenses, this may be covered under thier relocation policies.

Hope that helps.


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]