Dive report, Olympic wreck and Marineland

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on July 05, 2003 at 16:38:22:

Ross-O, Beth-O and I went out to the Olympic II this morning. The swells had been up and the water was green, so I was hoping for at least ten feet of vis. We were blessed with thirty feet+. The water was a "refreshing" 50F, but we had a great dive. Ross and I removed a new gill net from the top of the stern section. It was way too long to follow, so I whipped out my trusty shears and hacked it in two. Ross found an eleven kg Bruce anchor which we will retrieve in the morning.
For a second dive we went to Buchanan's Reef off Marineland. I was hoping for similar conditions as the first dive. Well, it was 51F. Other than that, no similarities at all. Strong current, vis of less than five feet and due to the vis and current, the fish were mostly hiding away in holes. We cut this dive to a half hour and had a relaxing lunch on the boat while we drifted away in the current. Perfect weather, fairly flat seas, light breeze and at least one good dive. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]