Cambria Solo Kayak Dive

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by B Xavier on March 20, 2004 at 19:55:53:

Yo: Made a nice solo dive at Cambria Rock (35-50 ft.)early this morning. Rough launch at the beach, but out in the deep water the vis. was a good 30 feet. Saw a few lings- one huge and some nice greenling. Looked up a saw a wall of blue rockfish about 30 feet high (probably 200 fish). Also saw some nice olives which I haven't seen for awhile. No fishing March/April, but what a day I had. Took the 13 cu. ft. pony tank setup and man did it work nice. I hope I never have to use it, but if I do, it's there. Need to drop at least two pounds for the pony, as I was way heavy during the dive. Should have tied a few weights off to the anchor line. Kayak diving is the best. I use the anchor line for dropping and on the way up for safety stops. The boat (Fish & Dive) makes a great dive platform and it can handle the weight. Man, what a place. Any info. on Gaviota or Refugio would be appreciated. How are these places for kayak diving? Any access? Take care and keep diving. B. Xavier

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]