Re: Crew Tipping - from One Crew Member's Perspective

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bat Ray on September 17, 2004 at 11:02:15:

In Reply to: Crew Tipping - from One Crew Member's Perspective posted by Second Fiddle on September 17, 2004 at 09:40:59:

Just a thought, why not build a tip into the boat fee? Reefseekers' overseas trips already factor this into the price. I prefer that system personnaly. If I'm paying say $120 for a one day trip out to San Clemente, and I'm going to tip $10-20 anyway, I would pay $140 too and not have to worry about the tip afterwards. Assuming it's the service I experienced on my last trip on board the Encore of course. The guarantee of larger tips would keep the good service coming and would likely attract and keep better crews. I know there have been times when I left only $5 bucks becuase I didn't have the extra cash on me. My mistake but it hurts the crew. Over the years there have been times when I've rushed off the boat in a hurry to get somewhere and forgot to tip at all! This method eliminate things like that are the problem of one person throwing in a tip for their group of 3 or 4 divers, which I think happens a lot. If you don't like the system or you're the macho diver that does not want or need this added luxury then you can give you business to the other boats.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]