DFG update on lobster regulations
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by DFG on September 30, 2004 at 13:06:24:
Ocean Sport Fishing Regulations Update for October 2, 2004
The purpose of this email is to notify California's saltwater sport fishermen of upcoming regulation changes, including seasonal openings and closures, bag and size limit changes, depth and gear restriction changes, etc.
The sport fishery for spiny lobster (Panulirus interruptus) is open from October 2, 2004, through March 16, 2005. The following regulations apply:
- The daily bag and possession limit is seven spiny lobsters
- The minimum size limit is 3 and 1/4 inches measured in a straight line on the mid-line of the back from the rear edge of the eye socket to the rear edge of the body shell. Click here for a measurement diagram
- May only be taken by baited hoop net or by hand
- Up to five baited hoop nets may be fished per person (except on piers, where the limit is two hoop nets); no more than ten baited hoop nets may be fished from any vessel
- Every person taking lobster shall carry a device that is capable of accurately measuring the size of the lobster using the method described above
- The boat limit regulations defined in Section 195(e) do not apply to lobster - each diver/hoopnetter may only take his/her individual daily bag and possession limit
Regulations that are not referenced above remain unchanged from the previous month. For complete information check the links below.
California Ocean Sport Fishing Regulations Map
In-Season Regulation Changes
California Fish and Game Commission