I'm not surpised:.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on January 09, 2005 at 12:03:13:

In Reply to: Re: DFG warden looks for lobster poachers posted by Give me a break on January 09, 2005 at 11:24:45:

That you don't post under your real name.

The F&G wardens don't have an easy job. I'm glad for each and every one that is out there. I wish that we had more of them. They don't make the laws, they just enforce them. If you take some time to wardens and F&G biologists you will find that they are well aware of what some of the problems with the laws are.

I only hunt with a camera. The more critters that I find to photograph the happier I am. The pickings are getting slim. When I have a hard time finding things it probably indicates that all other interest groups are having a hard time too. I'm all for less commercial fishing. I'm also all for enforcement of recreational fishing laws.

I learned about the problems of keeping Garibaldi out of the aquarium trade first hand when I found and reported one in a pet store near where I work. There was so much red tape and the paperwork laws so impossible for the wardens to follow that I almost bought him just to get him put back in the ocean where he belonged.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]