diver.net

BBS Changes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Chris on June 27, 2005 at 01:07:39:

This BBS as most others has been under a continual spam attack for almost two years. In recent weeks however the attempted spam posts have escalated from a few hundred a day to between 20,000 and 30,000 per day.
I have continually monitored this board and updated the scripts to minimize the spam. However because of the deluge of spam attempts I was forced to change the scripts to make it very difficult for robots to post to the board. If I did not make these changes every post might soon look like this., this., of this.
The main change I made was the addition of captchas, plus updating some of the formatting. Most errors made during posts will now be indicated by a error message, however if the script deems your message to contain a spam phase or word it will just generate an error. I intend to replace this with an error message as well, but I ran out of time for now, and the spam deluge will not permit me to wait any longer to update the scripts.
I hope you continue to enjoy using this BBS. Please email me with any problems you encounter using the updated format.

Thanks,
Chris Grossman
diver.net

p.s. because of the script change all previous posts have been archived and updates to them will not be allowed, All new posts must be on the main page.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to