diver.net

I didn't mention a lot of things...

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on October 04, 2005 at 19:59:31:

In Reply to: Re: I say Drill Away! posted by stephen clark on October 04, 2005 at 07:17:27:

Sure I did not mention fuel conservation. Hey we are divers and our activities often use boats, which are great wasters of fuel. My boat takes aroudn 50 gallons every time I make a trip to catalina, for example. Is that bad? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your priorities.

While it is all well and good to bring up platitudes about green energy, we still need to have independant sourcing of petrochemicals, which is much more than simply gasoline.

And I have spent quite a bit of my life working in the maintenance of nuclear power plants and have a very good knowledge of their workings, risks and costs. They are the best by far. Anyone who does not believe me shodul read the EIR on the Three Mile Island (TMI) fiasco. DId you know that the long term affects of the loss of the reactor at TMI will cause 52 cancer deaths per year for the next couple of decades? And those deaths will cluster more than 150 miles away? That is because that 1000 MW now has to be produced by a coal powered plant! Greenpeace and the gang want to tell lies about the problems of nuc power, but US commercial power is amazingly safe and polution free.

And if you haven't body-counted in and out of a powewr plant, you will never know what I mean.

I better get off my soap box now. I am just getting really pissy 'cause I cant dive and knee surgery is Thursday and I will be dry for way too long.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.