diver.net

Good points

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on June 22, 2006 at 09:28:15:

In Reply to: A few thoughts for the dive community to consider posted by MHK on June 21, 2006 at 23:22:19:

I'd heartily agree that the SeaDivers offer the best trips for experienced divers in SoCal.

I was wondering about Osborne whenI saw a trip planned for it. Its obviously beyond rec limits (and what I consider to be my current compentency or desire). Its great to see a group like the Sea Divers go to this site, as it affords those who are trained to dive a site like this that opportunity. Ditto for trips to the Moody.

I don't see Michael pitching any particular training (otherwise we'd see a reference to "DIR", "JJ", "GUE", etc. someplace in his post and Michael is no shrinking violet when it comes to a pitch). He's just pointing out the obvious, namely that proper training is important for an attempt on a site like Osborne - can't dispute that. Use of blended gas mixes, gas and decompession plans, hang bars, jon lines, etc. would be definite considerations when going below 140. Namely, training, be it from IANTE, NAUI, GUE, USN, etc. Plus its not the training 'alphabet' agency as much as the diver who knows that he or she benefits from such training.

I didn't see a commercial in Michael's post...welcome back, Michael, its always interesting reading when you post.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to