diver.net

Judgement

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on June 23, 2006 at 06:27:39:

In Reply to: A few thoughts posted by MHK on June 22, 2006 at 23:28:00:

I have to disagree with you. The issue was discussed and just like years ago, you bring up all your technical points and the
response here is that it is a matter of judgement. Your perspective is understood and even respected, just not believed
to be necessary.
The result was that everybody dove, lived and had a good time.
You say it is one thing, but to the local divers, what you are saying is quite correctly interpreted as "don't dive Moody or
Osborne". Becoming a technical diver to do a couple local deeper spots is not a practical option, nor is it apparently
required.
"hopefully when I return they'll be some meaningful discussion about ways to embrace safer and more efficient ways to approach
these type of dives. I'm not sure why there is such a reluctance to look at things from a different perspective.."
If we don't agree with you, it's not meaningful. Few people want to embrace DIR... I mean technical diving... whether you call it safer and more efficient or whether you say do it for the children. We dive just fine thank you. We have very good
judgement.
In all these years with your superior diving methodology, you've never managed to tell me the superior DIR way to rig a
goody bag or a camera for that matter.
Didn't you tell us all how dangerous the Yukon was too. Sorry, but it just ain't so.
(DJF) Doing Just Fine, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.