Buddy(ies): Jimmy and David
Time: 9:10 am.
Bottom Time: 48 Min
Max Depth: 80 fsw
Vis: 3-5 @ 20-40ft & 10 feet @ 50-80ft
Wave height: 2-4 feet
Temp at depth: 53F
Surface Temp: 65F

I met up with Jimmy and David this morning at Vets. It was a bright and beautiful morning. The goal of this dive was to try my super macro mode with my camera for the first time. For all the photography I was doing before, I was in a preset underwater macro mode but I can only get as close as 6-8 inches from the subject. With the help of Scott I found a way to get in closer by using super macro mode, shutter priority and also to light the subject without the use of a flash or strobe. For my camera (Oly Sp-350) the flash will not fire TTL in super macro mode. It fires to activate a slave strobe running optically and, it also has TTL strobe capability with the right cables. I would love to get either set up but both options are costly so I will use my Light Cannon in the meantime.

Today was not too interesting. There was not that much out today. No nudis and no Fringeheads. There were a few octo but they were hiding in bottles lying on the ocean floor. The one interesting thing we saw were about a hundred Kellets whelks eating a dead Bat Ray with one crab on top.

Below are some highlights from the dive:

Can someone tell me what this is?

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/LLKZ16/Vets%206807/

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the