diver.net

Re: Support your local dive shop???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob on September 04, 2008 at 15:44:30:

In Reply to: Support your local dive shop??? posted by Eric S on August 28, 2008 at 20:36:24:

Things that dont make you money, estimates, warranty work etc. This actually makes you money. Or you need some more business classes. If you came out estimated and installed a product for me then had to come back and warranty something I would be more than happy to refer you to someone. Dont come back and warrant somethingor provide lousy service. No recomendation and bad referals travel even faster.

Yes I have my own business to. When I have to hunt down a part or do research to solve a customers problem they get billed for it. Time is money as you know. Special oerder parts require payment up with no returns or a 20% return for shipping handling and my time

You have an old reg which the part is no longer made and the LDS staff had to put a little more effort into finding what you need. Cut them a little slack be an understanding businesman pay the $7.50. Be glad they didnt charge you full amount for a special order part with no refund once ordered or a percantage based restocking fee.

Just my little rant.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.