diver.net

Re: Re: MLPA Planning Process, Call for Input - my first input is.........

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Benavides on November 28, 2008 at 10:39:24:

In Reply to: Re: MLPA Planning Process, Call for Input - my first input is......... posted by Elaine on November 28, 2008 at 07:39:51:

I have been following your posts since Ken asked me to crosspost my information piece about the Southern California MLPA process.I honestly don't know how much more I can add to the discussion here. Ken and several others have already shared a large amount of information and virtually everything else you need to know was on the website. I personally don't spend a lot of time monitoring bulletin boards, nothing gets done on these sites, it gets done at the meetings. You have to sit down face-to-face with the decision-makers and the other people involved in the process who may be your opponents and reach some understanding about what really should be done. There is more than enough room for public participation in this process, in fact, there is more public participation in this particular endeavor than any I have seen before.

As to whether I am the consumptive or a non-consumptive I think that's really immaterial. All these names serve to do is act as a linchpin that can be a divisive influence. I think the fact that I worked a couple years along with NRDC to help get this act passed it over the next nine years and several political appointments have been actively involved in the process from the beginning. Believe me, nonconsumptives are very well represented on the RSG and it is not a question of how many but how effective they are in the political process. Every single member of the RSG has years of experience in their particular discipline and a track record of being able to work with DFG staff and each other or they would not be on the RSG.

This is the third time in nine years we have been through this process. This time it actually looks like were going to be able to complete it. We had better do a good job, because we probably won't get another chance to do this in our lifetimes.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to